WANTED – A VOLUNTEER TO JOIN THE GOVERNING COMMUNITY
As volunteers, school governors carry out one of the most important and satisfying jobs in the education sector.
School governors are drawn from all walks of life, with each bringing his or her unique skills and experience to the role of school leadership.
We don’t expect you to be an expert in education and welcome governors from all walks of life to bring different perspectives and views. You just need to be interested in supporting our school community and the educational outcomes of our pupils. However, we are particularly interested in hearing from anyone with an interest, skills, experience, or an understanding in any of the following areas:
- Managerial Experience
- Strategic Planning
- Managing Change
- Human Resources
- Premises Management
You will need to be:
- Willing to learn
- Willing to make a difference
- Committed to supporting children and young people
- 18 years or over
Together with your fellow governors you will:
- Decide what the school needs to achieve
- Act together on both short- and long-term decisions for the future of the school whilst allowing the head teacher to conduct its day to day running.
- Hold the school accountable for providing the best education possible
What commitment will I have to give?
- Attend full governors’ meetings 6 times a year and participate in committee meetings giving between 8-12 hours per term.
- Read the papers you receive to prepare for meetings
- Visit the school occasionally to see it at work
What can I expect in return?
- Excellent training and support from Governor Services
- True satisfaction of being a member of a team within the school, working together to make a difference to the lives of young people in your area
If this interests you and you would like to know more, please contact the school office on telephone 01935 862568 or email the clerk at Charlotte.Murphy@westcoker.somerset.sch.uk.